I’ve been tagged for a blog meme once before, and now, recently, I’ve been tagged twice. Once, by Kenny of Veggie Gardening Tips for 7 Random Things About Me, and once, by Cole of Blah Blah Blah for 8 Things About Me.
So, here it is, folks. The definitive Inadvertent Gardener meme post.
And why is meme (me, me, me…) so appropriate? Because today is my birthday. Yeah, that’s right. Bring the celebrating.
Because it’s my birthday, I’m going to answer the call of the meme(s). I’m going to post 15 things about me. Seven random, eight less-but-still random. And then I’m going to be done with memes, at least until further notice.
We’ll start with Kenny’s tag. Because he’s a gardener to whom I look up, I’m going to try to keep this garden-focused.
- I don’t own a watering can. That’s right. Bring the ridicule.
- I water the bottom leaves of my tomato plants with total disregard for possible fungus, that same fungus that would not live there if the tomato plant died due to lack of water. That’s right. Bring the ridicule.
- I used to be scared to grow garlic. It seemed hard. What else can I say? Bring the ridicule.
- Truth be told, I wouldn’t kill a rabbit if it bit me in the ankle. OK, maybe that’s not totally true. But I like to think it is.
- I believe mulching probably has lots of benefits. But it’s a pain, so I tend not to do it.
- I have grown to find composting interesting. That’s right. Bring the ridicule.
- I get a little embarrassed when people come out in my yard and say “Wow. That’s not nearly as big or pretty as it seems on your blog.” That’s right.
Now, Cole’s tag. Here are eight facts about myself:
- If I owned a miniature schnauzer, I would name it Shazam.
- I do not, however, own any pets, because they would be sad when I travel. But one of these days…
- If I could completely disregard money, I would blog and write ficton all day. Really.
- OK, I would probably garden, too. And cook.
- Speaking of cooking, I eat too fast. Way. Too. Fast. Just watch me. You blinked? You missed it.
- My favorite kind of donut is plain cake.
- Speaking of cake, I hate ice cream cake. I like ice cream, and I like cake. Ice cream cake just seems like an evil and unnecessary hybridization. The cake ends up being too cold-hard-dry, and the ice cream is never all that good.
- Because I was born on a Friday the 13th, getting to celebrate my birthday on a Friday the 13th doesn’t seem like bad luck to me…it seems like an even better time than usual!
I’m not going to tag anyone and take either of these forward…but that is not to say that you shouldn’t feel tagged if you’re of that nature. Consider it my party favor to you.
Now…I’m off to celebrate!